The Office of Learning Technology collaborates with Faculties and service units to plan, develop, implement and sustain high quality learning and teaching environments and communities of practice which use technology to engage learners, support faculty and bridge distances.
Key Goals: (from Trek 2010)
- Enhance services and support for distance learners
- Support innovative teaching and create new learning experiences through the application of leading edge technology
- Partner with faculties and internal service units to plan, develop, and deliver distance education courses and programs.
- Collaborate with instructional development and learning technology professionals to plan, develop and deliver professional development activities that bridge learning and teaching and technology.
- Support communities of interest and practice related to learning and teaching with technology.
- Develop resources that support online and blended learning inside and outside of classroom contexts.
- Participate in projects that investigate how technologies may be incorporated into learning environments in innovative and sustainable ways.
- Facilitate communication, collaboration and knowledge transfer amongst those actively engaged in learning and teaching with technology, including internal partners and external educational institutions, associations and agencies.
- Advocate for constructive action on campus-wide interests and issues involving off-campus access and learning and teaching with technology.
- Advance the practice of flexible learning and teaching in ways consistent with the scholarship of teaching and learning.