Plagiarism means that you have:
- Used another person’s words or ideas without acknowledging the source.
- Allowed a friend to complete all or a portion of your work.
- Submitted someone else’s work as your own.
- Allowed a reviewer to make extensive revisions to an assignment.
- Used information from an online discussion forum or website without proper citation.
To avoid plagiarism:
- Give credit with proper citation to all sources from which you have quoted directly or borrowed ideas. This includes any and all visual or verbal communication containing content which originates from an identifiable source.
For extensive policy info and resources, refer to Academic Integrity – Learners’ Resources.