Reading for university requires you to move beyond reading for information towards reading for understanding. In order to do your own research and synthesize ideas from several sources, you will need to read critically – asking questions and checking you understanding as you go.
The following resources may be useful to you in developing and refining your reading skills.
- Reading Skills for University – York University
- How to Read an Essay for Analysis – Virginia Tech.
- SQR3 – A Reading Study System – Virginia Tech
- Skimming and Scanning Scientific Material – Virginia Tech
- Critical Reading Towards Critical Writing – University of Toronto
- Time Management Skills
Online Academic Success Videos – Dartmouth College